Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hi everyone and welcome!

I'm a big fan of the late, great actor Steven Keats and I wanted to start a page in his memory. One day I plan to create a regular website for Steven but until I can arrange & manage that, I'll have this page. I'll be sharing my poetry, song lyrics, dreams and thoughts on him. I'll also include photos & videos I've found online from his performances.  If anyone would like to contribute to this site please feel free to email me: astraltravelingal@gmail.com .....(only one "g" in astraltravelingal).

Steven Keats was born ( Steven Keitz ) on February 6, 1945 in the South Bronx,  the son of Jewish immigrants and grew up in Carnasie, Brooklyn New York.  His education included attending and graduating from The School of Performing Arts in New York and then later on, The Yale School of Drama. He also served in Vietnam with the Air Force in 1965 and 1966. He went on to work in numerous theater productions which eventually led to his being cast in his first movie role as gun dealer Jackie Brown in "The Friends of Eddie Coyle." After that, his career skyrocketed and he appeared in countless tv shows and movies throughout the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s.  He also continued to perform in the theater.  He died of an apparent suicide in May of 1994 . 


Steven Keats was one of the most brilliant, popular and prolific actors ever.  He was charismatic, alarmingly handsome and incredibly versatile. For me, he was like one of those very rare and beautiful multi-colored sunsets; the kind that takes your breath away. Its only here for a short while and then its gone...far too soon. However, Steven left behind a lot for us to enjoy and remember him by.  I hope in time more information, interviews, articles, rare photos, documentaries & performance clips will be available on this wonderful actor. He is very much loved and missed!

1 comment:

  1. I grieve you deeply but I will celebrate you always....

    ReplyDelete